New Century Financial Services Debt collection
There are 74 consumer issues related to Debt collection
Last Updated: April 25th, 2019
If you are dealing with debt collection attempts from New Century Financial Services, it is helpful to research their strategies.
We have archived 74 consumer complaints against New Century Financial Services, as reported by the CFPB. It is important to remember that these complaints are not verified, although they provide great debt negotiation strategy
insight by seeing how New Century Financial Services deals with collecting debt from other consumers.
Should you want to file a complaint or speak to a debt help counselor, we are here for you.
Attempts to collect debt not owed
- Debt is not mine: 12
- Debt was paid: 6
- Debt was result of identity theft: 2
- Not enough info provided to verify debt: 14
- Right to dispute debt notice not received: 4
False statements or representation
- Attempted to collect wrong amount: 2
- Impersonated an attorney or official: 1
- Indicated you were committing crime by not paying debt: 1
- Called after sent written cease communications: 1
- Threatened to take legal action: 1
- Used obscene, profane, or other abusive language: 1
Improper contact or info sharing
- Contacted my employer: 1
- Talked to a third party about my debt: 1
Took or threatened negative or legal action
- Collected or attempted to collect exempt funds: 2
- Seized or attempted to seize my property: 7
- Sued you in a state where you do not live or did not sign for the debt: 1
- Sued you without properly notifying you of lawsuit: 9
- Threatened arrest or jail if I do not pay: 4
- Threatened to sue me for very old debt: 4
New Century Financial Services Debt Settlement
If you are experiencing financial hardship and are unable to make payments to New Century Financial Services, you may have the right to settle your debt for less than the full amount.
New Century Financial Services Debt Management
If you are experiencing financial hardship and burdened by fees and interest, you may qualify to enter your debt with New Century Financial Services into a debt management plan. The goal of a debt management plan, also known as credit counseling, is
to repay the full amount with more beneficial terms to the consumer.